[gpfsug-discuss] TCT Premigration Question

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Thu May 12 13:34:56 BST 2022

Some thoughts to consider regarding your question.

        1       If this is “new” deployment, it is recommended that you
evaluate the AFM object support since the TCT feature is stabilized and no
future changes/enhancements will be made to it.
        2       TCT doesn’t support Ceph cloud object storage. So, though
it is an S3 compliant interface, and things are working, in case of any
issues in future, IBM would require that you reproduce any problemin a
supported environment.
        3       If a file is skipped for any errors, if it is policy
driven (pre)migration, the next policy run would pick up the file again.
Even within a single (pre)migrate, TCT does 5 retries, on failure. So at
both levels (within TCT as well as at policy level) file will be retried
for migration.

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479
.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.