[gpfsug-discuss] TCT Premigration Question

Christian Petersson christian.petersson at isstech.io
Thu May 12 13:47:20 BST 2022

Thanks for the answer,
AFM to Cloud Object Storage did we look at but had some thoughts about.
The base design was to replicate a copy from our primary cluster to the
backup cluster where we push that data directly to S3.
Our second cluster has much less disk space than our primary cluster and
our primary cluster has a HSM function enabled to a tape library.

If I start using AFM to Object, will that delete the file from my disk and
only keep a stub file or similar on the disk?
This is why we are looking at TCT instead of AFM Object, we don't have
enough disk space to keep multiple copies of the data on disk, we need to
use other storage layers like S3 and Tape.

/C

Med Vänliga Hälsningar
Christian Petersson

E-Post: Christian.Petersson at isstech.io