[gpfsug-discuss] How to install efix with yum ?

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 15 14:55:53 GMT 2020

Hello,

I will install efix9 on 5.0.4.1. The instructions ask to use

rpm --force -U gpfs.*.rpm

but give no yum command. I assume that this is not specific to this efix.  I wonder if installing an efix with yum is supported and what the proper commands are? Using yum would make deployment much easier, but I don't see any yum options which match rpm's '--force' option.

--force
       Same as using --replacepkgs, --replacefiles, and --oldpackage.

Yum’s ‘upgrade’ probably is the same as rpm’s ‘—oldpackage’, but what’s about –replacepkgs and oldpackage? Of course I can script this in several ways but using yum should be much easier.

Thank you, any comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Heiner