[gpfsug-discuss] ssh authentication on CES nodes

Ott Oopkaup ott.oopkaup at ut.ee
Tue Jul 23 14:23:11 BST 2024

Hi all,

While not strictly by-the-book, we have ran SSSD alongside gpfs-winbind
for ~7 years now. Might be a case of running the protocol nodes on RHEL
exclusively, but we have never had any issues. Might help that our LDAP
and AD are kept in sync as best as possible so any conflicts will still
resolve to the same values.

Even further, thanks to some old legacy documentation I recently moved
from regular gpfs-winbind (that was basically connected using net ads
join) to actual mmuserauth and AD. In my mind, having even SSSD
installed would already cause the library conflicts. Obviously, there
are more than 2 ways to skin this particular cat and for a really dirty
fix you could map the admin users locally with the same UIDS etc..

Best,

Ott Oopkaup
University of Tartu, High Performance Computing Centre
Systems Administrator