[gpfsug-discuss] IBM Flashsystem 7300 HDD sequential write performance issue

Petr Plodík petr.plodik at mcomputers.cz
Tue Jan 23 14:04:19 GMT 2024

Hi,

we have GPFS cluster with two IBM FlashSystem 7300 systems with HD expansion and 80x 12TB HDD each (in DRAID 8+P+Q), 3 GPFS servers connected via 32G FC. We are doing performance tuning on sequential writes to HDDs and seeing suboptimal performance. After several tests, it turns out, that the bottleneck seems to be the single HDD write performance, which is below 40MB/s and one would expect at least 100MB/s.

Does anyone have experiences with IBM flashsystem sequential write performance tuning or has these arrays in the infrastructure? We would really appreciate any help/explanation.

Thank you!

Petr Plodik
M Computers s.r.o.
petr.plodik at mcomputers.cz