[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 5.1.4 release notes items!

Christopher Maestas cdmaestas at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 3 21:19:25 BST 2022

Hello everyone!

I know I spoke to some of you at ISC 2022 this week about some of these features. They are officially out!

Check out: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/spectrum-scale/5.1.4?topic=summary-changes
Summary of changes<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/spectrum-scale/5.1.4?topic=summary-changes>
This topic summarizes changes to the IBM Spectrum Scale licensed program and the IBM Spectrum Scale library. Within each topic, these markers ( ) surrounding text or illustrations indicate technical changes or additions that are made to the previous edition of the information.
www.ibm.com

Particularly:
---

Control fileset access for remote clusters
Administrators can now configure access to remote cluster nodes for only a subset of filesets instead of the entire file system. For more information, see Fileset access control for remote clusters<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/STXKQY_5.1.4/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r10.doc/bl1adv_fielsetaccesscontrol.html>.

Increase in the number of independent filesets
In IBM Spectrum Scale the maximum number of independent filesets is increased from 1000 to 3000.
---

We'll talk further about this at the Scale user group in a few weeks in London!

-Chris