[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 5.1.4 release notes items!

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Fri Jun 3 22:44:22 BST 2022

Hello,

nice to see that only file set can be exported now.

We are running Kubernetes platform together with Spectrum Scale. Beside K8s,
we have also HPC clusters using GPFS/NFS exports.

We would like to integrate storage from HPC to K8s and vice versa.

Currently, this is a problem because in K8s almost all users are using UID
1000 for running pods while in HPC they have different UIDs.

As far as I know, there is no possibility to remap UIDs between K8s and HPC on
the same Spectrum Scale file system. Running pods with different UIDs is hard
option as many containers assume, they run exactly as UID 1000.

What do you think, is there anything that can be done here?