[gpfsug-discuss] Quota Idea / RFE

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 8 17:03:04 BST 2022

I have a similar issue related to AFM: you can have two different quotas
on the AFM home and cache (which I can't really see why you would ever
want to do, but whatever), and there's not currently a way to
syncrhornize them even if you want to (which you almost always would).

The behavior you get if you allow a cache to fill, for example, but
being over quota on the at-home fileset is very strange (you get
persistent load average on involved machines, etc., which are trying to
play back writes).

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
  ||_// the State  |    Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
  || \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 ~*~ RBHS Campus
  ||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Res. Comp. - MSB C630, Newark
       `'