[gpfsug-discuss] add local nsd back to cluster?

shao feng shaof777 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:02:47 BST 2022

Hi all,

I am planning to implement  a cluster with a bunch of old x86 machines, the
disks are not connected to nodes via the SAN network, instead each x86
machine has some local attached disks.
The question is regarding node failure, for example only the operating
system disk fails and the nsd disks are good. In that case I plan to
replace the failing OS disk with a new one and install the OS on it and
re-attach these nsd disks to that node, my question is: will this work? how
can I add a nsd back to the cluster without restoring data from other
replicas since the data/metadata is actually not corrupted on nsd.

Best regards,