[gpfsug-discuss] add local nsd back to cluster?

Olaf Weiser olaf.weiser at de.ibm.com
Thu Jul 28 08:10:54 BST 2022

Hi -
assuming, you'll run it  withou ECE  ?!? ... just with replication on the file system level
ba aware, every time a node goes offline, you 'll have to restart the disks in your filesystem .. This causes a complete scan of the meta data to detect files with missing updates / replication

apart from that to your Q :
you may consider to backup mmsdr
additionally, take a look to   mmsdrrestore, in case you want to restore a nodes's SDR configuration

quick and dirty..  save the content  of  /var/mmfs  may also help you

during the node is "gone".. of course.. the disk is down , after restore of SDR / node's config .. it should be able to start ..
the rest runs as usual