[gpfsug-discuss] wait for mount during gpfs startup

Ulrich Sibiller u.sibiller at science-computing.de
Thu Apr 30 11:50:39 BST 2020

Am 28.04.20 um 13:55 schrieb Hannappel, Juergen:
> a gpfs.mount target should be automatically created at boot by the
> systemd-fstab-generator from the fstab entry, so no need with hackery like
> ismountet.txt...
A generic gpfs.mount target does not seem to exist on my system. There are only specific mount
targets for the mounted gpfs filesystems. So I'd need to individually configure each depend service
on each system with the filesystem for wait for. My approach was more general in just waiting for
all_local gpfs filesystems. So I can use the same configuration everywhere.

Besides, I have once tested and found that these targets are not usable because of some oddities but
unfortunately I don't remember details. But the outcome was my script from the initial post. Maybe
it was that there's no automatic mount target for all_local, same problem as above.

Uli
--
Science + Computing AG
Dr. Martin Matzke