[gpfsug-discuss] Quotas and AFM

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Mon Oct 14 06:11:21 BST 2019

As of today AFM does not support replication or caching of  the filesystem
or fileset level metadata like quotas, replication factors etc.. , it only
supports replication of user's metadata and data.  Users have to make sure
that same quotas are set at both cache and home clusters.  An error
message is logged (mmfs.log) at AFM cache gateway if the home have quotas
exceeded, and the queue will be stuck until the quotas are increased at
the home cluster.

~Venkat (vpuvvada at in.ibm.com)