[gpfsug-discuss] mmvdisk - how to see which recovery groups are managed by mmvdisk?

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 4 17:13:50 GMT 2019

Hello,

I   try to get acquainted with mmvdisk: can I  decide on the names of vdisks/nsds which mmvdisk creates? Tools like mmdf still show nsd devices, no vdisk-sets, hence a proper naming helps.  RG001VS001 isn’t always what I would choose.

Of course I can just not use mmvdisk where possible, but some recoverygroups already got migrated, so I have to. And I admit I like the output of ‘# mmvdisk recoverygroup list --declustered-array” which gives a nice. Summary of total/free disk space.

Cheers,

Heiner