[gpfsug-discuss] Data Replication

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 1 00:40:13 BST 2016

You can leave out the  WHERE ... AND POOL_NAME LIKE 'deep' - that is
redundant with the FROM POOL 'deep'  clause.

In fact at a slight additional overhead in mmapplypolicy processing due to
begin checked a little later in the game, you can leave out
MISC_ATTRIBUTES NOT LIKE '%2%' since
the code is smart enough to not operate on files already marked as
replicate(2).

I believe mmapplypolicy .... -I yes  means do any necessary data movement
and/or replication "now"

Alternatively you can say   -I defer, which will leave the files
"ill-replicated"  and then fix them up with mmrestripefs later.

The -I yes vs -I defer choice is the same as for mmchattr.  Think of
mmapplypolicy as a fast, parallel way to do

find ... | xargs mmchattr ...

Advert:  see also samples/ilm/mmfind -- the latest version should have an
-xargs  option