[gpfsug-discuss] Vmtouch on GPFS is supported?

Uwe Falke uwe.falke at kit.edu
Tue Aug 15 07:32:06 BST 2023

second point:

while there is probably no vmtouch4gpfs, you might check and tune your
gpfs parameters (pagepool size, maxFilesToCache).  But first you should
identify where the bottleneck is. Is your GPFS cluster spanning the VPN?
Suppose not. So how do you know that it is really GPFS which is delaying
your loading?

nomachine is an remote desktop app, how do you load software efficiently
through nomachine?

Uwe

On 14.08.23 17:45, Amjad Syed wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are using GPFS to store a particular software GUI product that is
> accessed over VPN and nomachine software.
>
> It takes more then 1 min to load this software. We were planning to
> use vmtouch daemon to see if it can reduce loading time of this software/
> https://github.com/hoytech/vmtouch
> Just wanted to check if any one used this and got some thoughts
>
> Amjad

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
Scientific Data Management (SDM)

Uwe Falke

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, Building 442, Room 187
D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Tel: +49 721 608 28024
Email: uwe.falke at kit.edu
www.scc.kit.edu

Registered office:
Kaiserstraße 12, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

KIT – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association