[gpfsug-discuss] DSS-G V5 and GUI

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 14:05:32 BST 2024

So I skipped the v5.0a release because that only supported the new V3
SR650's. However I have finished the "get off CentOS 7" project (apart
from the one server that is now on TuxCare ELS awaiting Ubuntu 24.04
support in GPFS) and so now have the time to look into v5.0b which does
support the older V1 and V2 SR650's.

However in the release notes I read this

  The Storage Scale GUI is not supported with DSS-G 5.0.

Now while I could not care less about the GUI per se, you need it for
the RestAPI which I really *do* care about.

Please tell me that Lenovo have not just yanked this. I do notice that
there are still RPM's for it but really what on earth is going on?