[gpfsug-discuss] ESS GL2 data to new ESS3500

Walter Sklenka Walter.Sklenka at EDV-Design.at
Thu Jun 13 08:37:03 BST 2024

Hi !
We want to migrate data from an old ESS GL2  ( 5.0.5 ) to ESS3500 solution. (5.1.x)
I wanted to ask is there any way to migrate the data with gpfs methods?
We heard that you cannot create a rg on an ess3500 when it´s nodes become  member of the old cluster because of GNR Version mismatch
I thought I can create new rg on ess3500  , create vdisksets and nsds , then add the disks to a filesystem based on vdisks of old rgs
I there really no way to transfer with gpfs methods? (like mmadddisk (new vdisks(nsds)  of 3500  , and then mmdeldisk the old nsds(vdisks)
So if you run into this situation you have to create a new cluster?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Walter Sklenka
Technical Consultant

EDV-Design Informationstechnologie GmbH