[gpfsug-discuss] GUI server hardware requirements

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 09:18:56 GMT 2024

Never deployed these before, well slight lie did deploy a GUI server
back in the 3.x days but it didn't do anything useful. I am now looking
to deploy a pair of GUI servers for the ReST API support so we can run
Kubernetes workloads.

The CPU and RAM requirements seem to be quite low. I have a some old
spare servers that can be pressed into service for now that more than
meet the these requirements with 8 cores and 144GB of RAM.

However it just vaguely says "local PV for DB". At the moment the two
servers have a RAID6 array of 300GB 10k disks giving ~1TB of usable.

Is that sufficient space and will it be performant enough? Should I look
to swap them for a RAID 1 of SSD's and what sort of capacity is needed
for this local DB?