[gpfsug-discuss] gpfs userquota : can df represent the users space used

Walter Sklenka Walter.Sklenka at EDV-Design.at
Tue Apr 9 12:25:33 BST 2024

Hi!
A collegue/customer asked me theses days why on the quota enabled filesystem a "df ." in the home dir   does not show his used and free space , representing the quotas
I have to admit I never checked this before . On an other gpfs cluster he says it does

When using mmlsquota as normal user this works
xy at lxx:~$ /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmlsquota --block-size auto
                         Block Limits                                               |     File Limits
Filesystem Fileset    type         blocks      quota      limit   in_doubt    grace |    files   quota    limit in_doubt    grace  Remarks
mulfs      home       USR          29.31G     4.785T         5T          0     none |   208821       0        0        0     none
mulfs      scratch    USR             16K          0          0          0     none |       79       0        0        0     none

My silly question is, should "df" do the same and if not what could be the reasons?

Have a nice day!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Walter Sklenka
Technical Consultant