[gpfsug-discuss] Question regarding quorum nodes

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 14:28:55 BST 2023

Hello All,

I hope someone can answer this quickly!

We have - it seems - just lost one of our NSDs.The other took over as it
should - but unfortunately, the protocol nodes (i.e. I have a number of
nodes which now have stale file handles. (The file system is accessible
on the remaining NSD server and a number of other clients.)

Unfortunately, in the 'home' cluster - the one that ones the disks - I
only have, five servers; three of which are quorum nodes, and of course
the failed NSD server is one of them.

The question is - can I add quorum nodes with one node down, and can I
remove quorum functionality from a failed node?

Tina