[gpfsug-discuss] Question about subnets parameter and remote cluster mounts

Leonardo Sala leonardo.sala at psi.ch
Wed May 3 14:17:56 BST 2023

Dear all,

I do have a very naive question about the subnets parameter. I read the
various docs [*], but it is not clear to me how do best define it in my
use case. As an example, I have a CL1 storage cluster, and a CL2 client
cluster that remotely mounts CL1 storage, and they are both connected to
a private IB network 192.168.0.0. Where should I define
subnets=192.168.0.0/CL1;CL2 : on CL1, CL2 or both? Some directionality
seems implied in the docs, but it was not totally clear to me...

Thanks a lot!

cheers

leo

[*]