[gpfsug-discuss] Connecting IBM ESS 3200 to 10 Gb Ethernet

Alec anacreo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 18:14:42 BST 2023

Sadly no I'm not kidding...  Network engineers tend to be more focused on
availability and general needs not special needs of a high speed data
environment and so I give them a pass.

As I used to say SAN engineers were Unix engineers who couldn't do Unix..
so they are what they are.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen millions of dollars or hardware
under perming to a tiny fraction because someone didn't cable it with
enough cables to do the job.  Like constrained ISL or something...  Or
they'll just discount the two storage ports that are RED with saturation
and say 99% of ports are green... So no problem here.

Alec

Alec