[gpfsug-discuss] Lenovo DSS GUI monitoring

Iban Cabrillo cabrillo at ifca.unican.es
Mon Dec 4 12:11:13 GMT 2023

Hi Guys,

We have just installed a new DSS (4.4a) from lenovo, but we see some problem when trying to raise the monitoring (gui v5.1.6.1) on a machine outside the two servers directly connected to the DSS infrastructure.

Discovery of servers and storage enclosures failed. Run mmdiscovercomp -N GUI_RG_SERVERS command in the CLI to see the problem.

Running the command from outside machine:

[root at dssx ~]# mmdiscovercomp -N GUI_RG_SERVERS
Collecting system information from the following nodes:
dss01
dss02

Updating component configuration ...

Changed enclosure J9xxxxx display ID to None.
Changed enclosure J9xxxxx display ID to None.

Identifying component groups ...

ERROR: local variable 'enc_class' referenced before assignment

While If we exec this comamd from one of the dss server directly, seems to be anwer fine:

root at dss01 ~]# mmdiscovercomp -N GUI_RG_SERVERS
Collecting system information from the following nodes:
dss01
dss02

Updating component configuration ...

Changed enclosure J9XXXXX display ID to None.
Changed enclosure J9XXXXX display ID to None.

Identifying component groups ...

Found 1 component group(s):
group 1: 64CCCCC-J9XXXXX 7ZYYYYYYYY-J9XXXXX 7ZYYYYYYYJ9XXXX 64CCCCC-J9XXXXX
Group 1 best match is DSS-G220 with distance 0.00.

We are new on this class of SlectrumScale deployment, and we do not know if it's mandatory to install the gui on DSS server or wwhy we get ERROR: local variable 'enc_class' referenced before assignment

Thnaks In advance, I

Ibán Cabrillo Bartolomé
Instituto de Física de Cantabria (IFCA-CSIC)
Santander, Spain
Tel: +34942200969/+34669930421
Responsible for advanced computing service (RSC)
All our suppliers must know and accept IFCA policy available at:

https://confluence.ifca.es/display/IC/Information+Security+Policy+for+External+Suppliers