[gpfsug-discuss] How to properly debug CES / Ganesha?

Helge Hauglin helge.hauglin at usit.uio.no
Tue Aug 29 10:15:09 BST 2023

Hi,

To identify which address sends most packages to and from a protocol
node, I use a variation of this:

| tcpdump -c 20000 -i <interface> 2>/dev/null | grep IP | cut -d' ' -f3 | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | head -10

(Collect 20.000 packages, pick out sender address and port, sort and
count those, make a top 10 list.)

You could limit to only NFS traffic by adding "port nfs" at the end of
the "tcpdump" command, but then you would not see e.g SMB clients with a
lot of traffic, if there are any of those.

--
Regards,

Helge Hauglin