[gpfsug-discuss] Joining RDMA over different networks?

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Tue Aug 22 00:27:15 BST 2023

I still have the guide from that system, and I saved some of the routing scripts and what not. But really, it wasn’t much more complicated than Ethernet routing.

The routing nodes, I guess obviously, had both Omnipath and Infiniband interfaces. Compute knifes themselves I believe used a supervisord script, if I’m remembering that name right, to try to balance out which routing nide ione would use as a gateway. There were two as it was configured when I got to it, but a larger number was possible.

It seems to me that there was probably a better way to do that, but it did work. The read/write rates were not as fast as our fully Inifniband clusters, but they were fast enough.

The cluster was Caliburn, which was in the top 500 for some time, so there may be some papers and whatnot written on it before we inherited it. If there’s something specific you want to know, I could probably dig it up.

Sent from my iPhone