[gpfsug-discuss] GPL compilation failure

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Thu Aug 17 22:24:30 BST 2023

On 17/08/2023 19:38, Uwe Falke wrote:

> thanks for that, so it is clear RHEL 8.7 won't get any more updates.

Sure it's not an Extended Update Support (EUS) release. On the other
hand 8.6 and 8.8 are.

I believe that Scale is only supported on RHEL releases that are
supported by Redhat. So right now in the 8.x version that is 8.6 with
EUS and 8.8 which in due course will also be an EUS release.

Given that Scale tends to be supported on new RHEL point releases in the
Scale release or PTF following the RHEL release then as far as I can see
the only way to be fully supported at all times is to stick to EUS releases.

I would note that the elephant in the room is unless you have budget for
genuine RHEL rather than a rebuild you need a plan to move to an
alternative distribution.