[gpfsug-discuss] unlocking mmafmctl prefetch

Olaf Weiser olaf.weiser at de.ibm.com
Tue Aug 15 18:13:00 BST 2023

Hi Uwe,
does this show show smth ?
mmcommon showLocks

________________________________
Von: gpfsug-discuss <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at gpfsug.org> im Auftrag von Uwe Falke <uwe.falke at kit.edu>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. August 2023 19:03
An: gpfsug-discuss at gpfsug.org <gpfsug-discuss at gpfsug.org>
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] [gpfsug-discuss] unlocking mmafmctl prefetch

Dear all,

we had to kill a running mmafmctl <fs> prefetch ... including the
children on another node.

The processes appear all gone

# mmdsh -N ALL 'ps -aef | egrep -i "(afm|prefetch)" | grep -v grep | wc
-l' | sed -e 's/^[^:]*:/xxx:/'
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0
xxx:  0

But trying to start another prefetch tells me it is locked (Cannot
initiate prefetch for fileset root.  Recovery or another instance of
prefetch may be in progress.).

Any suggestion how to remove that?

I had recycled mmfsd on the node i run the command and I moved the SG
Mgr for the SG in question, had not helped.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Uwe Falke

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, Building 442, Room 187
D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Tel: +49 721 608 28024
Email: uwe.falke at kit.edu
www.scc.kit.edu<http://www.scc.kit.edu>

Registered office:
Kaiserstraße 12, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

KIT – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association