[gpfsug-discuss] Supported samba options

Paul Ward p.ward at nhm.ac.uk
Wed Sep 21 11:45:35 BST 2022

For our HPC shares, we just implement one group per folder, essentially POSIX permissions.
Few groups want smb access.

Nearly all other shares are just SMB.

Of course its the most important one that uses smb and NFS!

Surely there must a be a guidance document on setting up dual protocol shares.

Kindest regards,
Paul

Paul Ward
TS Infrastructure Architect