[gpfsug-discuss] Release date for wide links support

Talamo Ivano Giuseppe (PSI) ivano.talamo at psi.ch
Tue Sep 20 15:47:14 BST 2022

Sorry for the duplicate post

________________________________
From: gpfsug-discuss <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at gpfsug.org> on behalf of Talamo Ivano Giuseppe (PSI) <ivano.talamo at psi.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 3:20 PM
To: gpfsug-discuss at gpfsug.org
Subject: [gpfsug-discuss] Release date for wide links support

Hi all,

I have a question that's probably more for the IBM people in this group.

A few months ago I added the idea [1] in the IBM portal to introduce again the wide links support in the samba shares and that's currently in the "Planned for future release" status.

Considering that some of our clusters are somehow dependent on this feature, is there any way to know in which release/date it will be implemented?

Regards,

Ivano

[1] https://ibm-sys-storage.ideas.ibm.com/ideas/GPFS-I-817

Paul Scherrer Institut