[gpfsug-discuss] question about using compression and snapshots

Alec anacreo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:21:43 BST 2022

I don't know if this would help you but I use a mod function on the inode
of the file to break down the workload into smaller batches across the file
system when doing compression and encryption options.

In the policy..   WHERE MOD(INODE,10)<=shares

If you ran your encryption as an mmyapplypolicy -M shares=1
sleep 300
mmyapplypolicy -M shares=2

You'd break your work down into 10 steps with 5 minute rests.  And the
shares would be cumulative so you won't miss any files when you get to 10
it's really doing 1-10.. number of shares can be any arbitrary number.

Hope that helps.

Alec