[gpfsug-discuss] RHEL9?

Christof Schmitt christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 14 17:41:12 BST 2022

On Tue, 2022-09-13 at 19:23 +0100, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> Is there any word on when we might see RHEL9 support? I noticed that
> it
> is not in 5.1.5.1

We are working on RHEL9 support, but that hit an unexpected problem
with scp, which first requires a fix from Redhat. Work is still
ongoing, with a tentative target of fourth quarter. If anything else
comes up, that can also change again.

> Also reading the 5.1.5.1 notices, it seems to suggest support for
> RHEL8.5 was dropped and only 8.4 and 8.6 supported?

The general strategy is that Scale does not support any distro releases
that are out of support by the Linux vendor. If there is a distro
related problem, we need to have a way to get Linux support involved.
Since the release of RHEL 8.6 ended support for RHEL 8.5, 8.5 is
dropped from Scale. RHEL 8.4 and 8.6 receive EUS updates, so those are
supported longer:

https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata#RHEL8_and_9_Life_Cycle

Christof