[gpfsug-discuss] DSS-G upgrade and ConnectX-4 settings

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Fri Sep 9 00:48:16 BST 2022

I see them in mine:

Product NameExtended Product DescriptionVersion Released Last Updated DateView Files

  *
DSS-G Standard
  *
Full installation tarball
  *   2.10b
  *   31 Aug 2022
  *   30 Aug 2022
  *

  *
DSS-G Standard
  *
Full installation tarball
  *   4.2b
  *   31 Aug 2022
  *   31 Aug 2022
  *

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
|| \\UTGERS,    |---------------------------*O*---------------------------
||_// the State  |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'

On Sep 8, 2022, at 2:29 PM, Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk<mailto:jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk>> wrote:

On 08/09/2022 17:08, Pieter Adams wrote:
yes, happens after firmware update of the Mellanox card(s).

That's a crock of sh*t not to put too fine a point on it.

What's the thought on applying the firmware update to the ConnectX cards after you have shutdown GPFS but before you reinstall?

That said I am sure that I have updated firmware on Mellanox cards before without loosing the interface type setting.

btw: DSS-G 4.2b is available

When did that become available? When I log onto

https://serviceconnect.lenovo.com/

I apparently now have no service entitlements in the ESD section