[gpfsug-discuss] DSS-G upgrade and ConnectX-4 settings

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 8 19:39:28 BST 2022

Thanks for the warning. I don’t believe we’d run into that before, though. Is that new?

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
|| \\UTGERS,    |---------------------------*O*---------------------------
||_// the State  |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'

On Sep 8, 2022, at 12:08 PM, Pieter Adams <pieter.adams at vrt.be<mailto:pieter.adams at vrt.be>> wrote:

yes, happens after firmware update of the Mellanox card(s).

Kind regards
Pieter Adams

btw: DSS-G 4.2b is available

On 08/09/2022 15:32, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:

Hum, just done the first node in my DSS-G cluster to 4.2a and it looks
like all the ConnectX-4 interfaces have super unhelpfully (I am being
polite here) been changed from Ethernet to Infiniband!!!

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

JAB.

-- Disclaimer --
Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie
Auguste Reyerslaan 52
1043 Brussel

nv van publiek recht
BTW BE 0244.142.664