[gpfsug-discuss] DSS-G upgrade and ConnectX-4 settings

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Thu Sep 8 19:29:01 BST 2022

On 08/09/2022 17:08, Pieter Adams wrote:

> yes, happens after firmware update of the Mellanox card(s).

That's a crock of sh*t not to put too fine a point on it.

What's the thought on applying the firmware update to the ConnectX cards
after you have shutdown GPFS but before you reinstall?

That said I am sure that I have updated firmware on Mellanox cards
before without loosing the interface type setting.

> btw: DSS-G 4.2b is available

When did that become available? When I log onto

https://serviceconnect.lenovo.com/

I apparently now have no service entitlements in the ESD section