[gpfsug-discuss] How to shrink GPFS on DSSG's?

Alec anacreo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:07:03 BST 2022

Okay if you have double parity why not just resize the disk.  And let gpfs
recover using the parity.  And by the way there is a qos setting for
maintenance operations and you can give that higher priority to make the
recovery/deleting/adding operations quicker.  Also I don't know if this
matters in gpfs but you may want to change the affinity for disk
(distribute the primary/first node for each disk/Christmas tree it) to a
different servers to spread the load. I don't know if gpfs will actually
use that to distribute load, but worth checking.

Alec