[gpfsug-discuss] 5.1.2.2 changes

Alec anacreo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:50:21 GMT 2022

Not sure if still supported but you could try tagging all the
files/directories in a fileset with the immutable attribute using the
policy engine.  Not sure if that will cover what you need.

You can simply use policy engine to add or subtract that attribute at
will.  It's biggest drawback may be exactly what you're looking for.

You could get fancy and mount the gpfs volume twice once read-wrire and a
second read-only.. then use mount command to mount over the read only
filesystem ontop of the read-write filesystem at the appropriate
junctures.  You'd have to do this on each node you want affected...

So:
/FileSys/FileSetA
/FileSys/FileSetB

Mount FileSys again as /ro/FileSys and share out /ro/FileSys/FileSetA use
read only option on mount.

Mount /ro/FileSys/FileSetA ontop of /FileSys/FileSetA.

I dont have root on my GPFS filesystems so I can't test this out... But
would work on most other Unit FSs.

Alec