[gpfsug-discuss] [External] 5.1.2.2 changes

Simon Thompson s.j.thompson at bham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 12:27:34 GMT 2022

My guess is … they decided it was unsafe. I’m sure I’ve seen a few release notes that have referred to mmfsck and data corruption.

e.g.:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-spectrum-scale-alert-all-supported-versions-may-be-affected-issue-online-mmfsck-which-may-result-file-system-corruption

So maybe it was classified as too dangerous to leave in the field?

Simon