[gpfsug-discuss] Has anyone used scale storage with RHEV as POSIX compliant FS and lived to tell the tale?

Andi Nør Christiansen arc at b4restore.com
Sat Jan 8 22:00:54 GMT 2022

Hi all,

Hope its ok to ask this question here..

I was wondering if there was anyone here that has used spectrum scale underneath RHEV/oVirt before? Or still does. That would know how to mount a scale filesystem as a storage domain in RHEV/oVirt?

I have a problem with the RHEV host rebooting when trying to mount it.

GPFS is installed, configured and mounted on the local host through CLI but not in oVirt.

I have tried with these settings in oVirt dashboard:

Domain Function: Data

Name: name_of_the_domain

Storage Type: Posix Compliant FS

absoluthe path)

VFS Type: gpfs

Mount Options: rw,relatime,dev=b4tsz001

Using those options, the web interface just tells me it cannot communicate with the storage.

If I change it to:

Domain Function: Data

Name: name_of_the_domain

Storage Type: Posix Compliant FS

VFS Type: gpfs

Mount Options: rw,relatime

The oVirt host reboots immediately. No warning just an immediate reboot.
I’ve also tried setting owner and permissions on the filesystem after mounting it through GPFS. Same issue.. 😊

chown 36:36   /mnt/b4tsz001
chmod 755  /mnt/b4tsz001

Unfortunately there’s not much use in the logs..

Thanks in advance!
Andi Christiansen