[gpfsug-discuss] How to do multiple mounts via GPFS

Justin Cantrell cantrell at astro.gsu.edu
Tue Feb 22 19:23:53 GMT 2022

I tried a bind mount, but perhaps I'm doing it wrong. The system fails
to boot because gpfs doesn't start until too late in the boot process.
In fact, the system boots and the gpfs1 partition isn't available for a
good 20-30 seconds.

/gfs1/home    /home    none     bind
I've tried adding mount options of x-systemd-requires=gpfs1, noauto.
The noauto lets it boot, but the mount is never mounted properly. Doing
a manual mount -a mounts it.