[gpfsug-discuss] Automating Snapshots : cron jobs or use the GUI ?

Jaap Jan Ouwehand info at odina.nl
Wed Feb 2 16:22:47 GMT 2022

Hi,

I also used a custom script (database driven) via cron which creates many fileset snapshots during the day via the "default helper nodes".  Because of the iops, the oldest snapshots are deleted at night.

Perhaps it's a good idea to take one global filesystem snapshot and make it available to the filesets with mmsnapdir.

Kind regards,
Jaap Jan Ouwehand