[gpfsug-discuss] Automating Snapshots : cron jobs or use the GUI ?

Kidger, Daniel daniel.kidger at hpe.com
Wed Feb 2 12:08:54 GMT 2022

Simon,

Thanks - that is a good insight.

The HA 'feature' of the snapshot automation is perhaps a key feature as Linux still lacks a decent 'cluster cron'
Also, If "HA" do we know where the state is centrally kept?

On the point of snapshots being left undeleted, do you ever use /usr/lpp/mmfs/gui/cli/lssnapops to see what the queue of outstanding actions is like?
(There is also a notification tool:  lssnapnotify in that directory that is supposed to alert on failed snapshot actions, although personally I have never used it)

Daniel Kidger

HPC Storage Solutions Architect, EMEA
daniel.kidger at hpe.com<mailto:daniel.kidger at hpe.com>

+44 (0)7818 522266