[gpfsug-discuss] /tmp/mmfs vanishes randomly?

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 8 09:20:24 GMT 2021

Hello,

We use /tmp/mmfs as dataStructureDump directory. Since a while I notice that this directory randomly vanishes. Mmhealth does not complain but just notes that it will no longer monitor the directory. Still I doubt that trace collection and similar will create the directory when needed?

Do you know of any spectrum scale internal mechanism that could cause /tmp/mmfs to get deleted? It happens on ESS nodes, with a plain IBM installation, too. It happens just on one or two nodes at a time, it's no cluster-wide cleanup or similar. We run scale 5.0.5 and ESS 6.0.2.2 and 6.0.2.2.

Thank you,

Mmhealth message:
local_fs_path_not_found   INFO       The configured dataStructureDump path /tmp/mmfs does not exists. Skipping monitoring.

Kind regards,

Heiner
---
Heinrich Billich