[gpfsug-discuss] Upcoming Events

Simon Thompson s.j.thompson at bham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 2 14:02:10 GMT 2021

Hi All,

We thought it would be a good time to send an update on some upcoming events. We have three events coming up over November/December TWO of which are in person!

IBM User’s Group meeting – SC21 (15th November 2021, IN PERSON)
IBM Spectrum Scale Development and Product Management team will be attending Super Computing 2021 in person. We will be hosting our yearly gathering on Monday, November 15, from 3:00-5:00 PM. This global user meeting provides an opportunity for peer-to-peer learning and interaction with IBM’s technical leadership team on the latest IBM Spectrum Scale roadmaps, latest features, ecosystem, and applications for AI.

See: https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/sc21-users-group-meeting/
Register at: https://www.ibm.com/events/event/pages/ibm/nz48hgmb/1581037797007001PJAd.html

SSUG::Digital (1st, 2nd December 2021, VIRTUAL)
For the Spectrum Scale Users who will not be able to attend user meeting at Super Computing in St Louis, or SSUG at CIUK, we plan to host Digital user meeting on Dec 1 & Dec 2 from 10am - 12pm EDT (3pm-5pm GMT). In the Digital user meeting, we will cover some of the contents covered at St Louis and additional expert talks from our development team and partners.
See: https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/digital-user-group-dec-2021/
Joining link: To be confirmed

SSUG @CIUK 2021 (10th December 2021, IN PERSON)
This year we will be returning to our traditional user group home of CIUK and will be running a break-out session on the Friday of CIUK (10:00 – 12:00). We’re currently lining up a few speakers for the event, but if you are attending CIUK in Manchester this year and are interested in speaking, please let me know – we have a few speaker slots available for user talks. I’m sure it has been soooo long since anyone has had the opportunity to speak, that I’ll be inundated with user talks … 😉
See: https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/ssug-ciuk-2021/
As usual with the CIUK meeting, you must be a registered attendee of CIUK to attend this user group.
CIUK Registration: https://www.scd.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/CIUK2021.aspx

Thanks

Simon