[gpfsug-discuss] Ransom attacks

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Fri May 28 07:46:35 BST 2021

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 02:17:37PM -0400, Lindsay Todd wrote:

>That might not make sense if GPFS is holding the SP backup data, but SP can
>do its own replication too - and could replicate using storage from a
>second GPFS file system off-site.  Take snapshots of this second storage,
>as well as SP database, and again manage with a second sysadmin team.

Thanks all for some useful replies, something to take forward.

In this case, SP is using GPFS for storing backup data, this solution was meant to replace the tape libraries completely.

We protect the storage pools cross-site, but our solutions are identical, so if you hacked one, you have hacked both.

Regards,
Henrik