[gpfsug-discuss] [EXTERNAL] Re: Policy scan of symbolic links with contents?

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Tue Mar 9 12:25:56 GMT 2021

RULE finddangling LIST dangle SHOW(PATH_NAME) WHERE MISC_ATTRIBUTES='L'
AND SUBSTR(PATH_NAME,0,4)='/fs1/'

In this case PATH_NAME is the path within the GPFS file system, not the target of the link, correct? That's not what I want. I want the path of the *link target*.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance