[gpfsug-discuss] Policy scan of symbolic links with contents?

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Mon Mar 8 15:34:21 GMT 2021

Well - the case here is that the file system has, let’s say, 100M files. Some percentage of these are sym-links to a location that’s not in this file system. I want a report of all these off file system links. However, not all of the sym-links off file system are of interest, just some of them.

I can’t say for sure where in the file system they are (and I don’t care).

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance