[gpfsug-discuss] Self service creation of filesets

Russell Nordquist russell at nordquist.info
Wed Mar 3 17:14:37 GMT 2021

Sounds like I am not the only one that needs this. The REST API has everything needed to do this, but the problem is we can’t restrict the GUI role account to just the commands they need. They need “storage administrator” access which means the could also make/delete filesystems. I guess you could use sudo and wrap the CLI, but I am told that’s old fashioned :)  Too bad we can’t make a API role with specific POST commands tied to it. I am surprised there is no RFE for that yet. The closest I see is
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=148244 <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=148244> am I missing something.

What I would want is to be able to grant the the following calls + maybe a few more.

The related REST API calls.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_5.0.1/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r01.doc/bl1adm_apiv2postfilesystemfilesets.htm <https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_5.0.1/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r01.doc/bl1adm_apiv2postfilesystemfilesets.htm>
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_5.0.1/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r01.doc/bl1adm_apiv2postfilesystemfilesetlink.htm <https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_5.0.1/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r01.doc/bl1adm_apiv2postfilesystemfilesetlink.htm>

Russell