[gpfsug-discuss] Self service creation of filesets

Alec anacreo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:58:29 GMT 2021

This does feel like another situation where I may use a custom attribute
and a periodic script to do the fileset creation.  Honestly I would want
the change management around fileset creation.

But I could see a few custom attributes on a newly created user dir... Like
maybe just setting user.quota=10TB...  Then have a policy that discovers
these does the work of creating the fileset, setting the quotas, migrating
data to the fileset, and then mounting the fileset over the original
directory.  Honestly that sounds so nice I may have to implement this...
Lol.

Like I could see doing something like discovering directories that have
user.archive=true and automatically gzipping large files within. Would be
nice if GPFS policy engine could have a IF_ANCESTOR_ATTRIBUTE=.

Alec