[gpfsug-discuss] Synchronization/Restore of file systems

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Thu Mar 11 14:20:05 GMT 2021

As promised last year I having just completed a storage upgrade, I have
sanitized my scripts and put them up on Github for other people to have
a look at the methodology I use in these sorts of scenarios.

This time the upgrade involved pulling out all the existing disks and
fitting large ones then restoring from backup, rather than synchronizing
to a new system, but the principles are the same.

Bear in mind the code is written in Perl because it's history is ancient
now and with few opportunities to test it in anger, rewriting it in the
latest fashionable scripting language is unappealing.

     https://github.com/digitalcabbage/syncrestore