[gpfsug-discuss] PVU question

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 29 15:41:14 BST 2021

My suggestion for this question is that it should be directed to your IBM
sales team and not the Spectrum Scale support team.  My reading of the
information you provided is that your processor counts as 2 cores.  As for
the PVU value my guess is that at a minimum it is 50 but again that should
be a question for your IBM sales team.

One other option is to switch from processor based licensing for Scale to
storage (TB) based licensing.  I think one of the reasons for storage
based licensing was to avoid issues like the one you are raising.

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479
.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.